The LyoBeta is a freeze drying unit designed for biological, pharmaceutical and food product formulation and “scale up” work, facilitating transfer of technology from the R&D centres to production.
It is a high performance unit with a GLP design, which allows for performing the entire freeze drying process fully automatically as well as accurately monitoring it.
The Lyobeta freeze-dryer as a laboratory unit especially designed for R+D biotech, clinical and pharmaceutical applications is designed and manufactured to satisfy the demands required by laboratory equipment user’s, meeting the cGLP guidelines.
The Lyobeta is manufactured as a one self-standing unit, saving as much space as possible in your facility. It is built with top quality materials and components, applying advanced techniques backed up by our experience of more than 60 years.
The chamber and condenser as well as all other subsystems (vacuum pump, refrigeration compressors, etc.) are housed inside an oven-dried enamel steel enclosure, placed on swiveling casters. It is therefore easy to move the unit around.
Telstar freeze-dryers are thoroughly tested in our factory in real working conditions and its compact design and construction provides an easy installation and commissioning at site.
The LyoBeta unit allows fully automatically processing of a complete freeze drying cycle according to specific profiles. The process recipes are easily edited on the touch-screen, or the LyoSuite SCADA software, and run in automatic, semiautomatic or manual modes. At any moment, the automatic mode can be switched off, held, restarted or switched over to semiautomatic or manual modes.
During the automatic mode, the PLC takes into account the entered freeze drying safety set-points, whatever the recipe’s parameters are.
Designed thinking on GLP basic research & development
- The unit’s design offers the best performance for technology transfer activities and work in advanced R&D Centres.
- Unit suitable for laboratories: compact unit mounted on casters, easy to install.
- Easy recipe development: quality and adaptation of the temperature sensors (shelf, product and condenser) and vacuum. Temperature, pressure and time control system.
- Recipe optimisation capability. Possibility of thermodynamic control and pressure rise test with the isolation valve.
- Reliability of results: temperature uniformity (shelf flatness, high quality components, upper radiation shelf), shelf heating and cooling rates (1 ºC/min), etc.
- Flexible use: high capacity for working with bulk materials, option to attach manifolds. There are also different sizes and types of vials.
- Robustness: laboratory equipment with industrial finish (easy to clean, stainless steel chamber, condenser and plates) and industrial components (sensors, vacuum pump, exchangers, etc.).
- Reliable operation: non-proprietary control system via PLC (Siemens).
- Flexible use: with a touch screen user interface.
- Option to save developed cycles and export data to other platforms (Excel) with the LyoLogger data acquisition software.
- Opportunity to carry out optimisation studies for new formulae (scale up), with SCADA LyoLab software, providing extensive documentation for technology transfer (optional).
Optimised technical features
- Easy to scale-up process to industrial freeze-dryers.
- Include as standard options:
- Isolation valve
- Stoppering device
- Air/water cooled
- Security sensor open/closed door
- Condenser 30 Kg, minimum T -85ºC
- Shelves temperature from -60ºC up to 80ºC
- From 0,45m2 up to 0,9m2 useful shelves area
- Exchangeable distance between shelves
- Fully updated and redesigned control system
- User friendly
- Allows use of a SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) software.
- Easy to locate in final position and can also be moved through standard laboratory doors.
Accessories & Options
- Venting HEPA filter
- Clean room configuration
- Vacuum control system with controlled leak
- Eutectic point monitor
- Capacitance manometer
- SCADA LyoSuiteTM control software.
- LYOMETRICS – sublimation front temperature monitoring
- LYONUC – nucleation software
- End-point detector via residual humidity probe
- Sample thief
- IQ+OQ qualification
- Loading trays
- Spacers for changing distances
For more information, visit Telstar.com.